"A Reality Fair (or “Financial Reality Fair”) is an interactive financial literacy tool for high school students. The Reality Fair concept is a unique opportunity for students to experience some of the financial challenges they will face when they start life on their own. It’s a hands-on experience in which students identify their career choice and starting salaries then complete a budget sheet requiring them to live within their monthly salary while paying for basics such as housing, utilities, transportation, clothing, and food. Additional expenditures such as entertainment and travel are factored in as well." National Credit Union Foundation
Reality Fairs Schedule
Listed below are the Reality Fairs currently scheduled to be held throughout Pennsylvania. Click here for more detailed information.
- 03-23-15 - Norwin High School, Norwin, PA
- 03-31-15 - Pottstown High School, Pottstown, PA
- 04-18-15 - Neshaminy High School, Langhorne, PA
- 04-09-15 - Conestoga High School, Lancaster, PA
- 04-21-15 - DeSales University, Allentown, PA
- 04-22-15 - Danville Area High School, Danville, PA
- 04-28-15 - Chambersburg Area High School, Chambersburg, PA
- 04-29-15 - California University, Uniontown, PA
- 05-13-15 - Pennsbury High School, Fariless Hills, PA
- 05-13-15 - State College High School, State College, PA
- 05-13-15 - Derry High School, Derry, PA (tentative)
Check it out!
Reality Fair at Northampton High School sponsored by the Lehigh Valley Chapter of Credit Unions.
This video is from the Reality Fair held at Neshaminy High School sponsored by Bucks First Federal Credit Union.
This video is from the Reality Fair sponsored by the Pennsylvania Credit Union Foundation, Westmoreland Community Federal Credit Union, Lesco Federal Credit Union, and Norwin Teachers Federal Credit Union held at Westmoreland Community College in Youngwood, PA for several area high schools.
John Kebles, PCUA Real Solutions Program Manager, presented the Reality Fair during the 2013 PCUA Annual Convention & Expo. Click on the link for the Powerpoint presentation which provides an overview on 'Reality Fairs - Reaching the Teen Market'.
High School Students Meet Real World Challenges,
Beaver County Times, October 21, 2013
To hold a Reality Fair in your area, please contact Kathleen Fey, Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Credit Union Foundation at 800-932-0661 x 5244.
- Board of Directors
- Faces of the Foundation
- Grant Criteria
- Haiti Project
- Project Successes
- Reality Fairs
- Reports / Donors / Grants
- Student Branches
- Board Access