Updated PaCUSC Contact Listing
For your convenience attached is the updated PaCUSC Contact Listing. Several changes have been made to this list, so please discard any old lists and replace it with this one.
If you have any changes, please notify Sandy so we can keep this information accurate for all credit unions.
Computer Based Training Modules Available
PaCUSC is pleased to provide your credit union with shared branching computer-based online training (CBT) modules at no charge.
We know staff time for training is limited; these modules are focused on training your staff on the most critical aspects of shared branching. The four modules currently available include:
- Shared Branching Basics
- Shared Branching Funds Availability
- Regulatory Compliance
- Mystery Shopper Program
Please note that modules on Adjustments, Operations Training, and Disputes will be available soon.
To access the modules, click on this link: www.cusn.com/cbt-training
. You will need to enter a user name and password unique to your credit union which was provided to your credit union via a letter on August 1, 2011.
Please provide this information to your frontline staff, and establish guidelines for completion of each module. Each module has a quiz at the end of the course, and a certification of completion is generated for staff completing the course.
We’re confident completion of this training by your frontline staff will ensure a positive experience for all users of the shared branching network.
Accessing Members Accounts – less Denials, more Approvals
We would like to review with your credit union how your staff can help with fewer denials and more approvals. This in turn should lead to a more pleasant shared branching experience for the member and teller.
Here are some tips that your credit union should pass along to your front line staff or anyone that would need to know this information:
- Always confirm the credit union name and city and state with the member to confirm you are selecting the member’s credit union.
- Always enter their account number as the member provides it, including any leading zeros since some credit union’s account numbers begin with a zero and that must be included in the account number during the request in order for the account to be accessed.
- Limit your number of attempts to three and if you still can’t access the members account, refer the member to contact their credit union by offering them a telephone.
If a member’s account needs to be accessed outside of these instances, you should be contacting their credit union to have them access the members account. Each time your credit union accesses a member’s account, the issuer credit union is charged for this. The issuer credit union is also charged for each denied member verification, so by limiting the number of attempts this limits the costs to the issuer credit union.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact Sandy Shenk.
Add CO-OP Mobile Text Today
CO-OP Financial Services recently introduced CO-OP Mobile Text, offering text banking as a standalone service for $0.12 per transaction, with no additional account verification fee, enabling credit unions to offer mobile banking fast and affordably. Available exclusively to credit unions participating in CO-OP Shared Branching, CO-OP Mobile Text is a cost-efficient entry point to the popular mobile delivery channel. It’s quickly implemented through a connection to CO-OP’s NGN technology interface.
CO-OP Mobile Text offers members:
- Compatibility with basic text (SMS) functionality of virtually all mobile devices
- Easy, online enrollment
- Anytime, anywhere convenience
- The ability to remotely:
- Check account balances
- View transaction histories
- Complete account transfers
Credit Unions can enjoy the following benefits with CO-OP Mobile Text:
- Fast, straightforward credit union enrollment
- No start-up, installation or minimum monthly fees
- No new technology or interface requirements
- Low, pay-as-you-go, $.12/transaction fee
- One-page, no-term contract
- Security enhanced by a comprehensive member-authentication process
- Easy, online enrollment process for your members
- Added value from your investment in CO-OP’s Next Generation Network (NGN)
- CO-OP Shared Branching participation required
CO-OP Mobile Multimode Platform is the company’s full-service mobile banking solution, supporting text banking, mobile browser, downloadable applications and remote mobile deposit for iPhones. Contact Sandy for more information on CO-OP Mobile Multimode or Text options.
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Donation
CO-OP Shared Branching recently created an account called “Children’s Miracle Network” where all standalone and outlet locations can easily deposit funds to benefit Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (CMNH). Over time, more than $2,200 has been donated to the account, which was recently given to CMNH.
With Miracle Jeans Day coming up on September 14th, participating credit unions and standalone locations can take advantage of the account by easily depositing funds raised. CO-OP Shared Branching acquirers can find a participant called “Children’s Miracle Network”. Once this institution is selected, tellers can access account #23456, and will be able to make cash deposits only to the account. The funds will be distributed periodically to Credit Unions for Kids and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
For more information on Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, visit www.childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org