Greater Pittsburgh FCU is currently seeking an Accountant to join our team at our Main office. This individual is responsible for developing, managing, and maintaining reliable accounting information and reporting on income, expenses, assets, liabilities, and capital for management planning and decision making and for fulfillment of financial reporting requirements. He/She will have a keen attentiveness to detail and accuracy and ensure that reports, accounts, systems, policies and practices adhere to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience with a financial institution, preferably in a credit union and possess a can do and positive attitude with a strong desire to succeed in a fast paced environment.
- Minimum of 2 years financial institution experience, preferably in a credit union.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience, with knowledge of US GAAP required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizing and prioritizing work to meet deadlines.
- Service oriented mindset with high level of detail orientation.
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal and analytical skills, including ability to interact effectively with members, employees and management.
- Proficiency with Excel required.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements via e-mail by March 1 to: GWroblewski@Greaterpittsburghfcu.org. Inquiries without salary requirements will not be acknowledged. Passage of a criminal and verifiable background check. Must be bondable. eeo.m/f/v/h
- Prepare time sensitive various reports including the 5300 Call Report and various monthly and quarterly reports.
- Initiate month-end closing adjustments, journal entries, and GL reconciliations.
- Process ACH and Share Drafts
- Balance General Ledgers.
- Maintain accuracy of subsidiary ledgers.
- Post the periodic interest and reconcile the subsidiary records for the accrued income from investment accounts
- Reconcile bank statements daily.
- Set up and process Accounts Payables, Accounts receivables, fixed assets, prepaids, and accruals
- Analyze, track and report daily cash flows,
- Prepare and implement bi-weekly payroll and taxes
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare various reports.
- Cross-train within department to provide backup to operational accounting positions as required.
- Accurately perform multiple tasks and special projects.
- Writing procedures and making policy recommendations as needed.
- Provide assistance to credit union staff while learning other areas of the Credit Union
- Research and adjust all open items, cash imbalances and variances
- Assist the CEO in the development of the operating budget.
- Other duties as assigned.