SPE Federal Credit Union
Full-Time & Benefit Eligible
Science Park Road Office location
SPE is devoted to serving our members and our community as well as focusing on the importance of work-life balance! As all of our decisions are made locally, our environment revolves around teamwork, personal development and the credit union philosophy of "People Helping People."
Our Accounting Assistant is entrusted with supporting the financial management and operations of the credit union through maintenance of accounting records and reports. This position performs accounting duties of varying complexity in accordance with standard procedures and under minimum supervision.
Our Accounting Assistant will:
- Administer accounts payable function.
- Serve as Overdraft Privilege Administrator. Review daily overdraft report and take action as required. Send notices and close accounts according to policy.
- Verify accuracy, completeness and consistency of share drafts, credit/debit/ATM card transactions and ACH files and member bill payments. Process exceptions and assures accurate posting to the general ledger.
- Process daily VISA payments.
- Post to and balance general/subsidiary ledgers.
- Reconcile bank accounts. Make recommendations for streamlining and enhancing the statement reconciliation process when necessary.
- Maintain assigned subsidiary schedules such as fixed assets, accruals, prepaids, etc.
- Research problems or questions from members, clearinghouses and correspondents.
- Verify accuracy, completeness and consistency of daily file maintenance transactions.
- Maintain all general ledger accounts such that they are always current and in balance according to standards set by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
- Assist with and compile segments of monthly closings, and monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
- Back up for Jr. Accountant.
- Maintain procedures as necessary.
Some qualifications for this position would include:
- 2-5 years of related experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- Positive attitude, energetic, personable, professional and willing to learn.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in technology applications & Microsoft Office.
- Must be self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Effective communication skills.
SPE Federal Credit Union provides a stable working environment with an excellent salary, financial incentives and benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, retirement, paid time off and education assistance.
Sorry, no relocation.
SPE is dedicated to providing products and services for the financial well-being of members and committed to extending the credit union advantage to individuals, businesses, and organizations in central Pennsylvania.
Discover and become part of the credit union difference!
Email RESUME, COVER LETTER and SALARY REQUIREMENTS to email@example.com no later than 01/05/2015.
SPE Federal Credit Union is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Visit us at http://www.spefcu.org/