Assistant Branch Manager
The prerequisites for this position include: experience opening and closing accounts, meeting sales/referral goals, experience with the entire consumer loan process, and the ability to successfully maintain a teller drawer. Responsible for the supervision and development of all branch employees. Assists Branch Manager with developing and maintaining business relationships. Must maintain Quality Assurance Standards and Gold Star Service at all times when providing services to both internal and external members. Represents the Credit Union to its members in a courteous, professional, and confident manner. Focuses on strategic financial goals outlined by the credit union, and global strategic plan, while coaching staff to attain them. Assists Branch Manager with the preparation and execution of performance evaluations for branch staff. Responsible for attaining established credit union and branch goals through coaching and mentoring staff, and leading daily sales huddles.
- Oversees the daily operations of the branch, including assisting with financial transactions, opening accounts, processing loans, and other duties as needed.
- Enthusiastically leads by example and supports the sales and service culture.
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, sets performance expectations to meet and/or exceed service goals of the branch.
- Resolves member service concerns that have been escalated from branch staff.
- Responsible for monitoring individual sales and service goals while leading, coaching, and mentoring to attain those goals.
- Responsible for training, coaching, developing, managing performance.
- Assists with hiring and retaining employees.
- Assists the Branch Manager with monthly 1 on 1 employee meetings, completion of performance evaluations on or before the due date, making proper recommendations for salary adjustments and promotions.
- Assists the Branch Manager in the development, implementation and communication of various report mediums used for goal tracking, volume, and statistical analysis of the area.
- Schedules branch employees to meet the needs of the business.
- Responsible for ensuring team awareness and adherence to all security procedures relative to the handling of member cash transactions, branch security, and internal operating procedures. This includes maintaining member and employee confidentiality.
- Abides by Belco’s policies, procedures, standards, regulatory and compliance mandates.
- Embodies Belco’s mission, vision, core values, and continuous process improvement (CPI)
- Any other duties requested by the Branch Manager/Regional Sales Manager/VP of Sales & Operations/SVP of Sales & Lending
- Products/Service Knowledge
- Industry Knowledge
- Selling Skills
- Cash Handling
- Lead Generation
- Change Agent
- Quality of Work
- Time Management
- Organization Awareness
- Handling Difficult Issues
- Interpersonal Skills
- Training and Development
- Managing Employee Performance
- Community Relations
- Relationship Building/Networking
This job operates in a profession office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to operate general office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, scanners, phones, hole-punchers, and staplers. Keyboarding or PC data entry capabilities required. Sitting, standing, bending, and hand dexterity required. Ambulation – able to move from one area to another throughout one-floor office layout. Reliable transportation with the ability to operate a vehicle.
Periodic travel to other Branch Offices and Sales Center, as well as, evening and Saturday work may be required.
Required Education and Experience:
Associates Degree in Business with a minimum of three years financial, customer service, or retail sales leadership experience. In lieu of the degree will accept five years financial, customer service, or retail sales leadership experience. You must complete and pass the prescribed online Learning Management System courses assigned for this position within two years after position acceptance and before consideration for promotion. Additional education/training requirements may be requested as new courses become available. Certain courses may be waived based on prior experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Leadership experience in a financial institution is preferred but not required.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applicants can respond to: email@example.com