Assistant Branch Manager
Assist the Branch Manager with the overall operation of the credit union branch. Ensure branch is in compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations. Assume responsibility for the branch when the Branch Manager is absent.
Assist the Branch Manager in service and growth plans while meeting member service standards. The position requires excellent organizational and time management skills to perform essential functions of this job. May be required to work evenings and weekends.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal conversations with others and the financial information discussed is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work will involve motivating and influencing other branch personnel.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory position within the financial services industry.
Education: A 4-year college degree is required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Branch Manager with the operations of the branch. Answers routine to complex questions on products and services, policies and procedures, or rules and regulations.
- Assists the Branch Manager with branch security at all levels to include open/close of the facility, vault, and safe deposit.
- Trains branch personnel, including newly hired FSR’s, ensures all personnel are cross-trained, prepares work schedules; and monitors performance.
- Apply policies and procedures for the branch. Assist in the creation of new and modification of existing policies.
- Provide backup assistance in member services. May function as Senior FSR or FSR on an as-needed basis, filling in for peak coverage or shortages.
- Monitor work of FSR’s to ensure the highest level of quality service to members.
- Provide input into performance reviews of branch staff.
- Assist staff or members in solving complex account problems.
- Promote and maintain a cross-selling environment within the branch via leadership and coaching.
- Maintains comprehensive, up-to-date knowledge of all State and Federal regulations applicable to the branch.
- Act as Branch Manager in the absence of that individual.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Salary commensurate with experience, benefits package. Bondable, background and credit check required. EOE. Qualified applicants send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.