The prerequisites for this position include: Leading, and coaching multiple individuals, experience opening and closing accounts, meeting sales goals, experience with and knowledge of the consumer loan process, and the ability to successfully maintain a cash drawer. The primary focus of the position is to oversee and grow the branch that they are assigned to, growing loans and deposits through various local market strategies. Monitor all employee activity; providing leadership, guidance, and support; meeting or exceeding the performance expectations of the credit union. Ensures that the Assistant Branch Manager is adequadley trained and coached to lead the day to day operations of the sales and service of the branch. Represents the credit union to its members in a courteous, professional, and confident manner. Ensures that the Assistant Manager meets or exceeds the established Quality Assurance and service level standards. Ensures that the Assistant Branch Manager is providing monthly one on one coaching sessions with all team member and ensures performance evaluations are completed and delivered on time for branch staff. Responsible for and holding staff accountable for attaining established credit union and branch goals through coaching and mentoring staff, and leading daily sales huddles.
- Oversees performance standards to meet and/or exceed sales and service goals of the branch.
- Leads and motivates team to meet individual and branch goals
- Works independently and as part of a team, to create and grow business and member relationships within the local market which includes originating business loans.
- Completes strategic and business plan initiatives including the maintenance of branch budgets, focusing on expense control initiatives
- Attains and exceeds credit union Strategic Goals as determined by Senior Management.
- Leads team consisting of supervisors and staff, including responsibilities associated with hiring, training, coaching, developing, scheduling, directing, performance management, and all operations.
- Holds monthly 1 on 1 employee meetings, including reviewing employee Individual Development Plans (IDP), and completes performance evaluations on or before the due date, making proper recommendations for salary adjustments and promotions.
- Resolves member service concerns that have been escalated from the Assistant Branch Manager.
- Assists, with financial transactions, opening accounts, processing loans, and other branch operational duties as needed.
- Develops, implements, and communicates various reporting mediums used for goal tracking, volume, and statistical analysis of the area.
- Oversees proper controls of the vault and cash operations. Responsible for cash ordering, verification, and disbursement of currency from the Federal Reserve Bank and handled by our third party armored service.
- Responsible for ensuring team awareness and adherence to all security procedures relative to the handling of member cash transactions, branch security, and internal operating procedures. Must maintain member and employee confidentiality.
- Works effectively with members (Internal, External, and Potential), vendors, peers, and senior management.
- Abides by Belco’s policies procedures, standards, regulatory and compliance mandates.
- Embodies Belco’s mission, vision, core values, and continuous process improvement (CPI).
- Any other duties requested by the Regional Sales Manager.
- Any other duties requested by the VP of Sales and Operations/SVP of Sales and Lending/President & CEO.
- Products/Service Knowledge
- Industry Knowledge
- Selling Skills
- Cash Handling
- Lead Generation
- Change Agent
- Quality of Work
- Time Management
- Organization Awareness
- Handling Difficult Issues
- Interpersonal Skills
- Training and Development
- Managing Employee Performance
- Community Relations
- Relationship Building/Networking
This job operates in a profession office environment. This role routlinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to operate general office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, scanners, phones, hole-punchers, and staplers. Keyboarding or PC data entry capabilities required. Sitting, standing, bending, and hand dexterity required. Ambulation – able to move from one area to another throughout one-floor office layout. Reliable transportation with the ability to operate a vehicle.
Periodic travel to other Branch Offices and Sales Center, as well as, evening and Saturday work may be required.
Required Education and Experience:
B.S. Degree in Business Administration or Management with a minimum of two to three years financial experience. In lieu of the degree will accept five to seven years financial experience. You must complete and pass the prescribed online Learning Management System courses assigned for this position within two years after position acceptance and before consideration for promotion. Additional education/training requirements may be requested as new courses become available. Certain courses may be waived based on prior experience.
Preferred Eduation and Experience:
Prior financial institution leadership experience is preferred but not required.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applicants can respond to: firstname.lastname@example.org