The Collections Supervisor is responsible for supervising and supporting a team of collectors in the daily operations of the Collections department to ensure all policies and procedures are followed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The Collections Supervisor hires, reviews, schedules, trains, and monitors the work of employees: conducts performance reviews; allocates resources to meet operational needs within the department; reviews and approves, denies, or modifies department recommendations from employees. This position preserves the Credit Union's assets by controlling delinquent accounts, collecting delinquent loan payments and/or recovering collateral, and monitoring the work of the Collectors. The Collections Supervisor maintains open lines of communication with all levels of the organization and its members. Informs management of trends in loan underwriting contributing to delinquent/charged-off loans. This position also ensures compliance pertaining to Fair Debt Collection practice and procedures.
The ideal candidate processes the following…
To apply, click here: Collections Supervisor
- Three years to five years of similar or related experience
- A high school education or GED
- Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others.
- Extensive knowledge of collections systems and operations required.
- Knowledge of both Consumer Credit and Mortgage Loans, both first and second collections required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present information and respond to questions from members, managers and employees.
- Ability to make decisions and communicate effectively. Strong issue-resolution skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency, working knowledge of MS Office products, adding machine, copier and fax machine.