REPORTS TO: Marketing Director
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
Under general supervision, responsible for supporting the Marketing Director in achieving the credit union’s marketing plan with a concentration on public relations and communications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Write and distribute press releases, media alerts, and various ad pieces to gain exposure for the credit union
- With the guidance of the Marketing Director, write all external messages for radio, television, and newspapers
- Writes messages for member communications, newsletter, on-hold messages, statement messages and Home Banking messages
- Responsible for updating credit union website
- Writes the credit union blog and update social media outlets to promote the credit union, its brand and current promotions
- Facilitate brochure updates for member communications
- Maintain all logo’d materials for inventory and fulfillment
- Assist Marketing Director with coordinating new products, promotions, special events, and other functions as required
- Develop and implement promotional activities surrounding Dollar Dog Kid’s Club, My Choice – Teen Club
- Coordinates the community activities sponsored by AmeriChoice.
- Teach financial literacy curriculum in the schools as a way to strengthen relationships.
- Represent the credit union at various functions in order to promote the credit union, solicit new members and develop business partnerships within the community.
- Performs in an extremely professional manner setting the highest possible image for the Credit Union.
- Maintain member confidentiality.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Represent AmeriChoice as a leader in the credit union industry (30 under 30, Youth Ambassador, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of credit union products and services.
- Proven ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both written and orally.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Possesses and exhibits a consistent professional manner and demeanor.
- Working knowledge of PC software programs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate on-site visits, orientations, and other related functions that may take place outside normal working hours.
- Proficient at Public Speaking (1 or more years of experience preferred).
- Outgoing personality
- Bachelors Degree in marketing, communications or related degree program or equivalent experience.
- One to two years experience in communications or marketing desired.
Job requires some physical effort and is basically a desk assignment. Work creates moderate to heavy stress during certain periods. Job does not have specific volume and pace of work standards except that the job includes specific deadlines. Job requires extensive contact with managers, employees, members, outside companies and vendors on a continual basis. This work requires the following physical activities: sitting, standing, walking, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work is performed primarily indoors.
To be considered submit resume with job history and salary expectations to:
AmeriChoice Federal Credit Union
2175 Bumble Bee Hollow Road
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
Attn: Human Resources