Member Service Representative
A Member Service Representative is responsible for providing information to members and potential members and performing routine member transactions. Also performs other related member service functions and educates and cross-sells credit union products and services to members.
- Accurately process routine member transactions, including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and transfers.
- Accurately maintains a cash drawer and balances cash and other transactions daily.
- Issue all financial instruments offered by the Credit Union.
- Perform online banking maintenance requests including re-set passwords, re-set security questions, enable member’s online access, and help members with setting up their bill pay, online access and e-statements.
- Open, maintain and close accounts.
- Assist members by all communication channels on matters such as stop payments, account status, account balance, account maintenance, loan pay-offs, office hours, services offered, etc.
- Respond to members' questions, problems and complaints, and/or direct them to proper department for assistance.
- Process payroll changes.
- Follows all credit union policies and procedures.
- Comply with all Bank Secrecy Act rules and state and federal regulations.
- Cross-sell and educate members on credit union products and services.
- Engages with members to provide exceptional service at all times.
- Assist members with account discrepancies.
- Open and close branch.
- Participates in lobby management and ongoing marketing promotion efforts.
- Basic keyboarding and data entry skills including familiarity with Outlook and Word.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend meetings, training courses, conferences and seminars.
- Perform clerical support duties as necessary.
- Assist in other departments as necessary.
- Requires professional, well-developed interpersonal skills necessary for communicating with members and co-workers.
- Requires thorough knowledge of credit union products, services and policies.
- Requires completion of high school education.
- Requires intermediate mathematical skills (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.).
- Requires prior work experience in customer service or a related position.
- Occasional lifting up to twenty lbs.
- Works in a typical administrative setting with climate control and appropriate lighting.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Interested applicants may e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.