Member Service Representative
Under general supervision, provides a variety of service functions directly to the members to include accurately processing deposits, transfers, withdrawals, loan payments, certified drafts, money orders, etc. Assists members in setting up new accounts and in making changes to existing accounts. Operates computer terminal to obtain information regarding member's accounts. Responsible for balancing each day's transactions and verifying cash totals. Follows security procedures to ensure the credit union’s assets are protected. Proactively markets the credit union’s products and services in order to improve the financial well being of our members.
High School diploma or equivalent. Working knowledge of computer software programs. Pleasant personality and ability to cross sell credit union products and services.
Previous experience as a teller. Up to one year cash handling experience and customer service experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to count and work with numbers and details effectively.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate orally, in writing, and by phone.
- Ability to effectively work with members (friendliness, tact and diplomacy).
- Ability to work effectively with people.
- Ability to learn, apply and communicate knowledge of teller department policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn, apply knowledge and communicate credit union products and services.
- Ability to discern currency and coin.
- Ability to input and retrieve data from computer.
- Ability to use a calculator.
- Ability to use and learn office machines (i.e., copier, fax, terminals).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work flow
Job requires little physical effort and is basically a desk assignment. Work creates moderate to heavy stress during certain periods. Job does not have specific volume and pace of work standards except that the job includes specific deadlines. Job requires extensive contact with managers, employees, and members on a continual basis. This work requires the following physical activities: sitting, standing, walking, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work is performed primarily indoors.
Submit resume along with salary requirements to: