Part-Time Member Service Representative
HFCU is looking for a team-oriented individual to assist members and process transactions. Candidates must be available Saturdays and must possess excellent people skills; strong organizational skills; and have computer and cash-handling experience. Financial institution experience preferred but not necessary. HFCU offers a competitive salary.
Serve a liaison between the member and the credit union. Responsible for providing account information, and professionally handling members’ daily credit union transactions, either in person, by mail, by telephone or by email. Provide a variety of services for members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent the credit union to members in a courteous and professional manner and provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Provide in-person, by-telephone and by-email general and specific service-related information concerning credit union services and policies.
- Respond to members’ requests, problems, and complaints and/or direct them to the proper person for specific information and assistance.
- Process all member financial transactions and any other service-related requests from members. Inform members of fees related to specific services and direct the members to all automated and more convenient services, as appropriate.
- Provide information on investment alternatives available through HFCU to members making deposits.
- Research accounts for deposit, withdrawal, and loan payment discrepancies.
- Assist members in balancing their accounts and provide information as needed.
- Assist members with the proper completion of all HFCU forms.
- Assist members in the opening of all HFCU accounts and services.
- Receive deposits to account, verify amounts and examine for proper endorsements.
- Cross-sell all HFCU products and services.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the work period. If out of balance, find discrepancies.
- Assist with all member service and operations department duties as needed.
- Act as a back-up to other areas within the credit union as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
High school education, or equivalent.
None required, but previous financial services or cashier experience, especially cash handling, preferred.
Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent communication, people and organizational skills; and have computer and cash handling experience.
Interested individuals should submit professional resume, references and salary requirements to:
Hershey Federal Credit Union
Attn: V.P. of Member Service
232 Hershey Road
Hummelstown, PA 17036
HFCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer