Software Engineer 1
TRUMARK FINANCIAL CREDIT UNION
Job Title: Software Engineer I
Department: MIS Department
Reports To: VP IT Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt M/T 55
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday: 7:45 AM to 4:45 PM
SALARY RANGE: MINIMUM $69,700
Maximize credit union systems by adhering to operational procedures, working with operational staff to provide efficient member service by implementing new technology through the use of project management and programming concepts. Responsible for major programming efforts needed by the credit union. Guarantee maximum efficiency of systems by adhering to operational procedures, work with operational staff to provide efficiency for member service by implementing new technology through the use of project management and programming concepts.
- Member of the Change Control Committee.
- Responsible for advanced PowerOn (RepGen) programming, including symconnect programs and all programs that interface with 3rd party applications.
- Responsible for the review of all RepGen programs included in the GOODNIGHT and Month-end processes to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Responsible for enhancing system and operational efficiencies through the use of PowerOn.
- Responsible for evaluating and implementing new transaction system software enhancements.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of credit union SQL databases
- Responsible for the Symitar History and FMHistory SQL database.
- Provide monthly detailed reports on current MIS Projects.
- Responsible for employee technology surveys and focus group discussions System enhancements.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the program library using Visual SourceSafe.
- Responsible for developing specialized credit union software applications.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of corporate data warehouse.
- Responsible for reviewing/releasing code generated by the systems programmer.
- Remains active in credit union training programs. Complete the position’s present curriculum as outlined by completing the following – credit union annual required compliance training and the supplemental courses listed within the prescribed time. Follows policy and procedure daily to ensure compliant with current regulations.
- Completes all other tasks, assignments or functions as assigned and/or required.
Education/Experience: Requires a bachelor’s degree and/or two years experience in a related area. Job related continuing education as necessary.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, troubleshooting and problem solving skills and ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure.
- Being a team player who is considerate of other employees.
- Excellent analytical and decision making abilities, with attention to
- Advanced Knowledge of Symitar’s PowerOn (RepGen)
- Object oriented programming skills with experience in several languages such as ASP, JSP, VB, C++, JAVA, and .NET.
- Understanding of relational database design and web technologies, as well as issues surrounding user interface design and end user issues.
- Advanced knowledge of methods for quality assurance and usability testing for information systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management.
Applicant should have an understanding and will be trained in following areas.
- Well versed in Microsoft’s .net development platform
- Report Generator
- Data Structures
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- HTML ( popular Web Authoring Tools).
- Active Server Pages, Java Script, VB Script
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS).
- Data Access via Microsoft SQL Server
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret compensation, tax, financial, legal, regulatory reports and documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present job related information to employees.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment including but not limited to: a computer, typewriter, adding machine, facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or more up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Regular Hours and Attendance: Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance and be available to work your normal scheduled hours per week. Or such hours per week as TruMark Financial determines necessary to meet the members needs.
Overtime, Weekends and Holiday Requirements: Must be available to work overtime, weekends and holidays as TruMark Financial deems necessary to meet its business needs. If necessary you must be available to work weekends and holidays as TruMark Financial deems necessary to meet its business needs
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Apply at www.trumarkonline.org; Fax: 215-396-6378; or e-mail resumes to: email@example.com