TRUMARK FINANCIAL CREDIT UNION
Department: Financial Management
Reports To: SVP/Finance
FLSA Status: Exempt - MT/70
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday: 7:45 AM - 4:45 PM
Responsible for managing a team that provides financial analysis of credit union operations with emphasis on financial forecasting, risk assessment, and financial performance. Responsible for the administration of the investment portfolio and secondary markets program.
- Collaboratively manages a team of analysts that utilize core system analytics and third-party software programs to address financial analysis needs of the credit union.
- Oversee the credit union’s Big Data initiative including Data acquisition, transformation and analysis.
- Ability to undertake data, modify status and site development of Big Data initiative through consultation with credit union management.
- Ability to use statistical analysis to solve business problems and improve credit union profitability.
- Maintains and utilizes ALM financial modeling program including: monthly update process, developing financial forecast, creating monthly financial management reports, quarterly interest rate risk assessment, product profitability, branch profitability, and maintaining supportive spreadsheet files.
- Develop, validate, and document periodic critical ALM model assumptions (i.e. prepayment speeds, decay rates, discount rates).
- Provides financial analysis on risk assessment and financial performance. Prepare periodic reports identifying risks and assess progress of financial performance.
- Provides monthly assessment of regulatory compliance as it relates to financial management (i.e. PCA, liquidity) and facilitates annual ALM examination.
- Coordinates the development of annual budget, and with ongoing monitoring of budget performance.
- Administers, maintains, and utilizes software resources for financial management, including the Asset Liability Management (ALM) financial modeling, Bloomberg system, Peer-to-Peer, Raddon Next Profit, and other third party providers. Coordinates credit union wide bi-annual submission for third-party strategic review. Provide and review profitability reports with senior management and key credit union staff.
- Coordinate, review and support accounts payable activities with financial analysis.
- Provide financial analysis of credit union operations on a requested case by case basis. This includes researching and interpreting data, recommendations, and monitoring of assignment. Participates in cross-credit union initiatives to plan, analyze, and evaluate financial impacts.
- Assists with analysis of monthly financial statements.
- Serves as investment portfolio manager, which includes investment analysis, buying and selling of securities, and reporting functions. Responsible for updating and maintaining portfolio information on Bloomberg system.
- Manages secondary mortgage operations, which includes pricing, pipeline, analysis and procurement of mortgage sales to approved secondary market conduits.
- Conducts correspondent lending functions, which include evaluating flows and pricing competitive bids.
- Remains active in credit union training programs. Complete the position’s present curriculum as outlined by completing the following – credit union annual required compliance training and the supplemental courses listed within the prescribed time. Follows policy and procedure daily to ensure compliant with current regulations.
- Completes all other tasks, assignments or functions as assigned and/or required.
- Ensures the availability of competent, qualified personnel for key positions within the financial management department. Assists with respect to recommendations for hires, terminations, promotions, transfers, performance appraisals, training and development, and interpretation of credit union rules and policies for department personnel.
Education/Experience: A bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance or another closely related field or and/or three years equivalent work experience. Thorough knowledge of investments, including fixed income securities, investment markets, and mortgage products and operations. Job related continuing education as necessary.
- Proficiency with PC-based financial applications.
- Ability to manage a team with multiple priority projects and deliver them in a timely manner.
- Excellent math aptitude.
- Proficiency with PC-based reports and graphical presentations.
- Proficiency with Bloomberg system.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and within strict time lines.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Being a team player who is considerate of other employees.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret compensation, tax, financial, legal, regulatory reports and documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present job related information to employees.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment including but not limited to: a computer, typewriter, adding machine, facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Regular Hours and Attendance: Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance and be available to work your normal scheduled hours per week. Or such hours per week as TruMark Financial determines necessary to meet the members needs.
Overtime, Weekends and Holiday Requirements: Must be available to work overtime, weekends and holidays as TruMark Financial deems necessary to meet its business needs.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, visit www.trumarkonline.org.