Vice President of Lending
U$X FCU is a premier financial institution operating in Western Pennsylvania and Ohio. We seek a VP of Lending to succeed the retiring Vice President and continue the momentum of a successful lending program. The VP of Lending is responsible for direction, administration, compliance and portfolio management for Consumer, Credit Card, Real Estate, and Business Lending as well as Collections. The VP of Lending provides leadership, training and direction with regard to the implementation of U$X FCU lending and collection policies and procedures to ensure maintaining profitability of lending activities to support the credit union’s financial and member service objectives.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the Lending and Collections functions by setting priorities, directing staff, securing resources and continuously evaluating and revising assignments and work flows to provide optimal efficiency in loan underwriting, loan disbursements and collection functions.
- Monitor changes and trends in the financial lending industry. Recommend changes to loan policies, pricing structures, loan products, loan underwriting and collection guidelines to ensure lending activities are competitive, profitable and also in the best interest of the members.
- Monitor regulations affecting areas of responsibility. Recommend revisions of U$X FCU policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Facilitate development of Business Lending operation to serve current and prospective U$X FCU Sponsor Employee Groups.
- Participate with President/CEO and other Executive Management in activities to ensure exceptional service to every individual within U$X FCU’s Field of Membership.
- Protect U$XFCU’s assets by ensuring collection staff’s timely follow-up and resolution of member delinquency problems, adherence to credit union collection / charge-off procedures, liquidation of loan collateral in order to minimize credit union losses and utilization of appropriate collection resources. Ensure compliance with debt collection regulations.
- In conjunction with the VP of Marketing/Business Development assist in the development and implementation of the lending components of the Marketing plan. In conjunction with the CFO and the ALM Committee monitor and adjust pricing and underwriting protocols to execute budgetary and ALM strategies.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Self-directed, motivated professional with well-developed interpersonal skills, effective communications skills both written and oral. Individual should be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with industry professionals at all levels. Experience in all areas of responsibility as well as independent thinking and problem solving necessary for successful fulfillment of assigned responsibilities.
- Extensive knowledge of consumer lending, real estate lending, risk-based credit systems, and collections management; a working knowledge of business lending; and a thorough understanding of state and federal laws governing lending and credit granting. Also requires a working knowledge of Visa operating rules and procedures.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting and at least seven years lending experience in a credit union or community bank with progressive levels of responsibility is preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise and results in each designated lending area and collections management.
The above information is descriptive of the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this job designation. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and salary requirements to U$X FCU CAREERS, PO BOX 1728, CRANBERRY TWP PA 16066. You may also obtain a link to send your information via ZIXMAIL by going to www.usxfcu.org, selecting Contact Us, and then Secure Encrypted Email. Emails should be sent to CAREERS@USXFCU.ORG.
Responses without salary requirements will not be considered. Unfortunately, we cannot contact everyone; please do not call the credit union. We will contact you should a suitable position become available and your qualifications match.
U$X FCU is an equal opportunity employer.