PPL GOLD Credit Union is seeking an influential and energetic Branch Manager who can motivate and lead staff to provide exemplary service to our membership and exceed goals. Will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies for membership recruitment and strengthening member relationships. Individual must possess exceptional pc skills, including Microsoft Office suite, as well as time management and team building skills to work with internal and external parties.
Email cover letter (must include salary requirements) and resume to email@example.com
To manage a credit union branch location, ensuring the branch meets organizational, financial, operational, service, and growth plans. Has limited lending authority.
PPL GOLD Credit Union’s mission is to provide our members with a solid fiscal advantage through offering competitive loans and deposit products and convenient services.
We recognize the individuality of each member. We want to bring convenience to our members’ lives because we want them to find interacting with their credit union a positive experience that exceeds their expectations. We will accord members the respect, service and courtesy they deserve, for they are the true owners of our credit union.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hires, reviews, schedules, trains, and monitors the work of branch personnel: conducts performance reviews; allocates resources to meet operational needs within the department; reviews and approves, denies, or modifies department recommendations from subordinates.
- Monitors branch operating results relative to established objectives and ensures appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
- Develops strategies for achieving credit union goals including, but not limited to, membership recruitment and member relationships.
- Prepares and submits standard reports; attends scheduled management meetings.
- Represents the branch as appropriate in its relationships with members, sponsor organizations(s), suppliers, other financial institutions and similar groups.
- Controls past due and charged off accounts for the branch.
- Monitors all branch activities to ensure they are in compliance with established Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Serves as Facilities Manager for the branch. Schedules buildings/maintenance. Organizes and communicates maintenance schedules. Monitors and ensures contractor compliance for credit union contracts including but not limited to: landscape, janitorial, HVAC, and snow removal.
- Operates the branch within the Board approved budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a cohesive, highly trained, motivated staff sufficient to meet daily branch demands.
- Provide informed, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
- Maintain or exceed annual budgeted branch operating and growth plan.
- Effectively evaluate the efficiency of the branch and develop specific recommendations for improvements to personnel, facilities, products, pricing, policies, and processes.
- Promote a sales culture within the branch by example. Coach and develop employees to identify cross sales opportunities.
- Keep management informed regarding key operational issues affecting the department.
- Note observations of employee performance. Complete performance reviews within the prescribed timeframe.
- To develop recommendations for cost efficiencies and enhancements to products, pricing, and processes.
Knowledge and Skills:
Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
A two year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or completion of a specialized and extensive in house training or apprenticeship program.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Calculator and computer keyboard by touch. Employees are expected to travel between locations and work at the different locations as indicated by their supervisor. Occasionally, the Credit Union conducts member or membership drive events off the physical premises. Employees may be asked to participate in these events.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.