Oversee the Lending and Collection staff. Ensure lending and collection policies and procedures are followed to best serve the credit union and its Members within regulations. Ensure compliance with all state and federal lending and collection laws.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage daily workflows of all credit applications and support departmental operations.
- Responsible for the origination and approval of all loans in accordance with established goals and underwriting standards for the credit union.
- Create and oversee the implementation of loan policies, procedures, services, products, and documentation that meet all regulations.
- Responsible for the compliance of all loan types making sure that they fully meet all regulations and lending laws.
- Responsible for the ongoing servicing of loans that are held in portfolio or where the servicing retained.
- Monitor rates and pricing to ensure competitiveness within the marketplace.
- Monitor the marketplace for compliance changes within the industry and/or economic trends impacting loan growth.
- Oversee efforts required to develop and establish internal and external programs and relationships with third parties to further develop loan production.
- Maintain, prepare, analyze and review monthly loan and delinquency reports.
- Test new documents, programs and procedures for practical application.
- Oversee the credit union’s collections processes and work with the collection staff to achieve established goals.
- Manage departmental staff to include setting schedules and approving leave time.
- Manage, coach, train and motivate employees.
- Conduct departmental staff trainings and meetings as necessary.
- Perform annual performance evaluations of all departmental staff and recommend appropriate actions for any disciplinary needs as well as performance increases during the annual evaluation process.
- All other duties as assigned.
Independent judgment may be exercised within the scope of the granted underwriting authority, credit union policies and all regulatory agencies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and/or a combination of education and work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of all consumer loan related products.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of management experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of underwriting and collections experience.
- Microsoft Office/Windows and Internet Explorer.
- Must be able to communicate well to Members and to all levels of management both internally and externally.
- Ability to motivate and influence others is a critical component of the job.
- Must be able to trouble shoot and problem solve.
APPLY ONLINE: www.heritagevalleyfcu.org