Under general supervision assist members with their real estate and consumer lending needs. Analyze loan requests and make credit decisions based on applicable lending policies in accordance with standard procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reviewing and evaluating information on loan documents to determine credit worthiness.
- Approves or rejects loan applications within their lending authority, or requests additional information.
- Prepares and/or reviews all loan documents for completeness and accuracy. Establishes the terms and conditions of an approved loan and reviews them directly with the member or FSR.
- Evaluate and authorize release of collateral on existing loans, changes in loan terms, waivers of payments, due date change, etc. Provide direction and assistance with all delivery service channels.
- Acts as a liaison between Riverset and other consumers, real estate agents, or third parties.
- Troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries in a timely, professional and accurate manner. Refers issues that are beyond their authority to their manager, along with recommendations.
- Keep managers informed of important issues and provide support through suggestions and ideas.
- Empower members by providing educational information, materials, and programs to increase their knowledge and ability to manage and control their financial well-being.
- Evaluate and identify cross-sell opportunities and recommend services to members based on what’s best for the member and credit union. Find the best solutions and products for the member needs.
- Calculate and evaluate debt-to-income ratios for loan applicants, and analyze key credit risk indicators such as secured and unsecured debt.
- Become proficient with the lending and servicing systems and assure that appropriate records are maintained about the loan and the member’s needs. Process all loans in an accurate and timely manner and ensure that the loan documents and loan documentation is complete.
- When a loan is denied, properly contact the applicant or member and explain reasons for the denial in a professional, courteous manner. Work with member to provide recommendations or alternative options for other possible ways to secure a loan in the future.
- Deepen and improve product knowledge and skills in lending. Keep informed of current trends in the industry and key market factors affecting lending. Use personal expertise to assist other Branch personnel and help facilitate loan training for the FSR Teams.
- Be aware of and understand the compliance rules around the lending process and understand the importance of operating within the scope of compliance requirements.
- Promote the highest possible image for the Credit Union through a professional work environment and businesslike appearance. Maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness ensuring the organization incurs no business disruption in your areas of responsibility.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience: 3 to 5 years as a loan officer, mortgage underwriter, or equivalent in the financial services industry is preferred.
Education: A 4-year college degree is preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal conversations with others and the financial information discussed is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others.
Other Skills: Knowledge and familiarity of with lending legislation including Dodd Frank and CFPB is strongly desired. Must be an excellent manager of time and tasks and have good communication skills as well as presentation skills. Intermediate proficiency of computer skills is required including Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel. A working knowledge of Fiserv LoanCierge is a big plus. Home Equity Underwriting experience a big plus.
Work Environment: Fast paced general office environment. Applicant may have to manage a number of projects at one time and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of members, co-workers and management. The position requires excellent organizational and time management skills to perform essential functions of this job. May be required to work evenings and weekends.
Salary commensurate with experience, benefits package. Bondable, background check required. EOE Qualified applicants submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.