The Marketing Manager is a highly creative and results-oriented individual who will translate the mission, vision, strategy and goals of the Credit Union into effective marketing and communications programs and is responsible for the tactical direction of our marketing and business development functions to ensure continued growth and alignment with the Mission and strategic goals of the Credit Union.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
The Marketing Manager implements the marketing and business development plans for the Credit Union which includes innovative, creative strategies for ensuring that products and services are effectively communicated to the current members and the target market audience. This position assists in the development of new products and services to identify opportunities for marketing that will enhance member growth and penetration of member accounts.
The Marketing Manager oversees the development and maintenance of business relationships with third-party vendors, such as advertising agency, freelance creative providers and media outlets to successfully achieve the strategies outlined in the marketing plan; negotiate contracts favorable to the Credit Union’s interests, assure that third-party vendors are managed in a manner that supports their to delivery of concepts and creative materials consistent with the Mission and branding strategy of the organization. This position evaluates and executes the media mix used to market the Credit Union to ensure use of the most appropriate, cost-effective communication of the brand, products and services. The Marketing Manager manages and provides guidance to the business development staff and their efforts. Create and implement SEG strategies to grow the business. This position assists in community marketing events as required. The Marketing Manager researches and evaluates data utilizing reports created in MCIF system to coordinate and recommend marketing promotions. This position creates and provides analysis on various marketing reports. The Marketing Manager researches, tracks and reports on marketing programs with an emphasis on increasing marketing effectiveness. This position makes recommendations working closely with training and operations to maximize efficiency of MRM system. The Marketing Manager administers the Marketing department budget to maximize the use of Credit Union funds and ensure that projects remain within the identified cost structures.
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Three years to five years of related experience, must include time in a supervisory role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required for this position.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills required.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills.
- Advanced strategic plan development.
- Creative thinking skills.
- Good knowledge of graphic arts, typography and layout.
- Understanding of basic principles of media placement and buying.
- Advanced skill in the use of MS Office, demographics and graphics software programs, marketing systems and database management (MCIF) is required.
- Experience and understanding of traditional credit union products and services highly preferred.
- Valid driver's license.