The Network Administrator assumes the responsibility for Information Technology support to all areas of the organization. Maintains computing environment by managing life cycle of systems; system maintenance; installing upgrades and patches; monitoring network performance. Maintains a positive user relationship and work environment by providing technical and hardware support for the Credit Union.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The Network Administrator will provide technical assistance and help desk support to users by identifying and resolving problems, researching answers and providing resources. This includes, but is not limited to hardware and software problems related to network connectivity, client information systems, Internet, e-mail and other agency systems.
This person will also work with Network Security Consultants to establish, maintain and continually improve LAN/WAN environment including user account management, security procedures, virus protection and Network performance. Promptly report any and all intrusion and unauthorized access attempts on the computer network to management.
The Network Administrator will maintain LAN/WAN data integrity with daily backups and routine partial restores. They are responsible for management and maintenance of related servers, PC software and hardware. In addition, they will execute or supervise the execution of daily, weekly, monthly and yearly computer operations.
This position will also configure, test and install new hardware and software as defined by the Strategic Technology Plan. Maintain up-to-date hardware and software inventory including evaluation of equipment for replacement and ensuring compliance with all applicable software license requirements. Create, maintain and deliver reports to management including but not limited to outstanding assignments, firewall, IDS, Internet usage and alert, hardware and software inventory, and open projects.
This position is also responsible for organizing and prioritizing tasks and daily work flow and reporting a summary of completed and outstanding assignments to the Sr. Network Engineer. Develop and update procedures relative to all function performed within the department.
The Network Administrator is responsible for disaster Recovery Planning and Testing as it relates to the services, software, hardware and communications equipment within a specific technology discipline. This position is also responsible for the creation of reports in support of the Credit Union. Recommend training programs for this job and end users. Train users on IT policies and procedures, including network security.
The ideal candidate possesses the following….
- Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
- HS diploma or equivalent required. Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field) preferred. Microsoft, CISCO and other Technical Certifications (MCSCE for example).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective work relationships.
- Ability to communicate, plan and organize effectively.
- Knowledge of computer operation systems (i.e. Windows XP/7/2008/2012 and VMS).
- Thorough knowledge of computer operating practices and techniques coupled with internal Computer Operation policies and procedures, including: Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Time Management, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study, and Technical Zeal.
- Flexibility for off-hours support and on-call duties required.