SVP, Retail Services
TRUMARK FINANCIAL CREDIT UNION
Job Title: SVP, Retail Services
Departments: Investor Services, Branch Operations, and E-commerce
Reports To: EVP, COO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Provides leadership and operational direction for the Credit Union’s Retail Services delivery area including e-commerce, alternative investments and branch sales ensuring member awareness of available financial products and services and achievement of the credit union’s business development goals and financial performance goals in retail services.
- Primary participant in developing, accomplishing, and transmitting credit union’s long-term objectives, strategies, and policies for assigned departments.
- Leads, executes, and evaluates activities for branch operations, e-commerce, insurance and alternative investments. Directs and ensures the quality of workflow, programs and services. Builds positive working relationships with all departments to develop and execute effective and accurate communication projects.
- Develops and implements sales, and education efforts, oversees generation and retention of active accounts to increase membership participation and use of credit union services.
- Responsible for the formulation, development, recommendation, implementation and administration of the credit union sales and service culture.
- Sets a standard for service excellence and ensures efficient and cost effective member service that advances the goals of the credit union. Evaluates processes and technology to promote quality improvement.
- Conduct financial analyses of products, services, and pricing designed to maximize profits and broaden product mix. Prepare recommendations with regard to changes or adjustments of services for analysis and action.
- Oversees member satisfaction through defined and various member and branch surveys and feedback.
- Attend Board and appropriate Committee meetings and report in areas of responsibility as requested by the EVP.
- Oversees individual responsible for analyzing existing efforts, researching industry data, and parsing analytics in order to provide ongoing recommendations and overall strategies that maximize brand awareness for e-commerce products and services.
- Develops strategies to identify and pursue an expanded marketplace presence including identifying markets for expansion, site research and selection, and acquisition negotiations. Develops and implements marketing sales and education efforts to increase membership participation and use of credit union services.
- Monitors and directs the overall activity and performance of the branch operations staff and implements existing policies and procedures. Interacts with department supervisors to achieve common goals.
- Oversees the deployment and overall performance of direct member service delivery facilities. Plans, organizes, controls and monitors the overall performance of the branches. Develops action plans to successfully meet delivery strategies.
- Responsible for overall operating results, effectiveness and budget compliance of assigned departments.
- Remain current on changes within the legal, regulatory, economic, and competitive and technology environments, which may affect the operations function. Ensure operation procedures are in compliance with applicable federal and state regulations.
- Manages the conducting of research necessary to properly prepare for and execute credit union programs. Links research to strategic business decisions
- Participates in staff training initiatives as it relates to retail services and credit union goals. Coaches and motivates employees to inspire a team effort to achieve objectives.
- Research and resolve complex member problems.
- Assist with respect to recommendations for hires, terminations, promotions, transfers, performance appraisals, training and development, and interpretation of credit union rules and policies for department personnel. Conduct all personnel functions in accordance with applicable statues.
- Remains active in credit union training programs. Complete the position’s present curriculum as outlined by completing the following – credit union annual required compliance training and the supplemental courses listed within the prescribed time. Follows policy and procedure daily to ensure compliant with current regulations.
- Completes all other tasks, assignments or functions as assigned and/or required.
Bachelor’s degree or related field with experience in Financial industry. Minimum of eight years of progressively responsible financial or banking experience in various areas of operations in management capacity.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with members and employees.
- Thorough knowledge of professional techniques and media used in marketing and public relations.
- Skills in writing various forms of informational material and skilled in use of language to motivate people.
- Knowledge of computers including personal computers and related software, in-house system and basic office machines.
- Ability to handle multiple, conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and staff.
- Ability to travel to make presentations on credit union’s behalf, travel to other offices, and the ability to work flexible hours.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Being a team player whose is considerate of other employees.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret compensation, tax, financial, legal, regulatory reports and documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present job related information to employees.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment including but not limited to: a computer, adding machine, facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular Hours and Attendance: Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance and be available to work your normal scheduled hours per week, or such hours per week as TruMark Financial determines necessary to meet the members’ needs.
- Overtime, Weekends and Holiday Requirements: Must be available to work overtime, weekends and holidays as TruMark Financial deems necessary to meet its business needs.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply at www.trumarkonline.org;
or e-mail resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org