TRUMARK FINANCIAL CREDIT UNION
Job Title: Training Specialist
Department: Human Resources Department
Reports To: AVP Training & Development
FLSA Status: Exempt S/T 90
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday: 7:45 AM – 4:45 PM
MINIMUM - $41,698
MID-RANGE - $52,122
MAXIMUM - $61,300
Develops and conducts programs to train new hires, recently promoted employees and established credit union employees in the area of credit union operations. Activities include but are not limited to the following areas: use of credit union software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Front Page and Internet), Symitar system, policies and procedures, and product knowledge and Sales and Service culture. Performs any combination of the following tasks to assist the training function.
- Confers with managers and supervisors to determine new hire training needs as well as knowledge of work situations requiring additional training for employees. Determining ongoing training needs for established employees.
- Consults with employees to define need or problem. Conducts studies and surveys to obtain and analyze data to advise or recommend solutions.
- Works with SVP HR and AVP T&D Supervisor to develop a strategy for the delivery of in-house training that includes measurement and reinforcement procedures, video or internet e-learning.
- Formulates teaching outline and determines instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, and workshops.
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and other educational material for in-house training.
- Develops and conducts training sessions covering specified areas as needed.
- Solicits feedback to measure progress and evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Responsible for tracking, testing and follow-up activities associated with assigned training programs to measure progress and evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Assists and supports employees in adapting to new position or changes regarding systems, software, products or services, policies and procedures.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of TruMark Financials operational policies and procedures, products and services, and training programs.
- Maintains records, monitors and reports progress of employees under guidance during training periods.
- Maintains an advanced user level of proficiency with credit union software and maintain a detailed/broad understanding of credit union knowledge.
- Evaluates outside training programs and seminars; provides feedback to the HR Director on their applicability.
- Assist managers/supervisors in the development and implementation of procedures and training sessions to successfully inform and educate their staff.
- Remains active in credit union training programs. Complete the position’s present curriculum as outlined by completing the following – credit union annual required compliance training and the supplemental courses listed within the prescribed time. Follows policy and procedure daily to ensure compliant with current regulations.
- Completes all other tasks, assignments or functions as assigned and/or required.
College degree or extensive credit union operations experience preferred.
At least three years credit union operations and training delivery experience preferred. Trainer practicing Theories of Adult Learning preferred.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to detai1.
- Must be able to deal effectively and tactfully with all organizational levels.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure.
- Being a team player who is considerate of other employees.
- Valid driver’s license and personal transportation required to conduct training at any TruMark Financial site, if needed.
Ability to interpret technical data, processes, operating and maintenance and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to develop and proof training materials and to speak effectively before groups of employees.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment including but not limited to: a computer, typewriter, adding machine, facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Regular Hours and Attendance: Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance and be available to work your normal scheduled hours per week. Or such hours per week as TruMark Financial determines necessary to meet the members needs.
Overtime, Weekends and Holiday Requirements: Must be available to work overtime, weekends and holidays as TruMark Financial deems necessary to meet its business needs. If necessary you must be available to work weekends and holidays as TruMark Financial deems necessary to meet its business needs
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All applicants can apply online at: www.trumarkonline.org; fax resume to: 215-396-6378, or email resume to email@example.com.