The Pennsylvania Credit Union Association offers Credit Union Development services designed to help credit unions not only grow, but prosper.
The ever-changing financial marketplace requires credit union directors and management to develop and implement a comprehensive strategic plan which clearly defines the mission of the credit union, establishes realistic goals and objectives consistent with member needs.
Strategic Planning serves a variety of purposes, including but not limited to:
- Presents a forum for credit union staff and volunteers to share their unique viewpoints
- Establishes realistic short and long-term goals with defined implementation timelines
- Provides a base from which progress can be measured and change initiated
- Ensures the most effective use of credit union resources by focusing on key priorities
- Is a consensus builder – teaming volunteers and staff with a common vision
- Educates volunteers and staff allowing them to make better decisions in the future
- Demonstrates preparedness to the Regulator
- Solves major problems
The Strategic Planning Process includes financial and peer analysis and is facilitated in one work day. The process can be customized to meet the specific needs of a credit union.
Smaller credit unions, those with less than $10 million in assets, have the option to choose an abbreviated strategic plan that focuses on the development and implementation of a specific marketing strategy. If so desired, those credit unions may obtain a grant from the Pennsylvania Credit Union Foundation to fund this type of planning assistance.
For additional information, please contact Rick Myxter, AVP Credit Union Services, at 800-932-0661, ext. 5214.
For more information or to get started, please contact your Association Representative at 800-932-0661, or e-mail CUSolutions@pcua.org.
- Business Development / Sales
Assistant Vice President,
800-932-0661 x 5330
Sr. Account Executive