OMEGA Federal Credit Union seeks an experienced candidate for the position of Loan Officer. OFCU is an $85 million credit union with over 14,000 members located in the North Hills of Pittsburgh. Please visit www.omegafcu.com for more information about the institution.
The Loan Officer is responsible for:
- Answering members’ questions on available consumer and real estate loan programs.
- Responsible for utilizing available resources to successfully match members financial needs with credit union products and services.
- Promoting the continued success of the credit union through analysis of current loan applications, loan reports, and the like for potential loan opportunities and makes follow-up calls to members.
- Processing loan applications beginning with the loan interview, assumes the responsibility for the proper execution of notes with attendant forms in a timely manner when the application has been approved, and makes recommendations concerning approval. Closes loans, once loans have been processed.
- Knowledge and understanding of all credit union products and services sufficient to be able to assist members with questions or problems. Sells credit union loan and deposit services on a regular basis.
- Responsible for selling credit disability, credit life, Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP), and Mechanical Repair Coverage (MRC) to members.
- Bachelor’s degree is desirable. However, credit union/banking experience and education may be exchanged for a degree.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities. Is tactful, mature, and adaptable.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- The ability and willingness to learn and maintain current knowledge in the ever-changing financial services industry.
- Knowledge of the laws, regulations, and acceptable practices relating to the granting of loans, and an acceptable working knowledge of real estate lending.
- Possess the skills and desire needed to sell credit union products and services.
The Loan Officer is a full-time, non-exempt position, and is eligible for the following credit union provided benefits;
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-Term Disability Insurance(100% company paid)
- Generous PTO program
- Incentive Plan
- 401k Plan
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com including salary requirements. Responses without salary requirements will not be considered. OMEGA FCU is an equal opportunity employer.