||Minimum $51,217/yr - Communsurate with experience
||We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits and great work environment. Along with excellent medical and retirement programs and a generous leave package, our workplace offers tuition reimbursement.
||Information Technology - Support Services
||PSECU is a high-tech progressive $4+ billion financial institution seeking a qualified Project Manager to fill a middle management position, managing various Project Teams at PSECU.
Candidate must be bondable and credit worthy.
||Monday-Friday - 8am - 4pm or 9am - 5pm
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES - Essential for this position:
- Sets direction and guides action plans and priorities for Project Team.
- Directs design, construction, and maintenance of all projects.
- Responsible for implementing initiatives for the credit union as directed.
- Oversees various projects of a highly complex nature.
- Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Provide a direct line of communication between project team and IT resources.
- Ensure adherence to accepted project management practices.
- Provide innovative ideas on improvements in software development life cycle.
- Negotiate milestones and deadlines based on current assignments and programming resources availability.
- Act as a liaison for implementation of technical solutions to meet business needs.
- Develop, review, and validate project plans to ensure that tasks are properly broken-down into manageable pieces, that task deadlines are estimated properly, and that human resource requirements are accurately estimated.
- Solicit project requirements through interviews, workshops, and existing documentation or procedures.
- Identify requirements, develop test schedules, review testing plans, and track/document test results.
- Review project proposal or plan to determine timeframe, budget requirements, staffing requirements, and allotment of available department resources to various phases of a project.
- Formulate and define project scope and objectives by working with project team.
- Work with project teams to identify and outline the project plan.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required. Report this information to the Director of IT Support.
- Manage projects within assigned areas from inception to successful implementation:
- Define project objectives, scope, and level of effort.
- Develop project strategies and plans, and identify the methods and tools required for the project.
- Get projects started, keep them on schedule and on budget, and resolve issues with project team.
- Monitor progress against project plan and report to IT Support Services Manager.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle.
- Lead the effort in creative approaches to problem solve and quality deliverables supporting the business needs. Provide technical guidance concerning the applications or systems as support person on a project.
- Creates business specifications from which programs will be written.
- Works with users for project/process acceptance, coordinates tests, and observes the use of the system to ensure proper performance.
- Displays professionalism in all situations.
- Defines inputs, design requirements, formats, and outputs which meet user needs.
- Responsible for the establishment and ongoing maintenance of an effective system of internal control within the scope of assigned job responsibilities.
- Responsible for effectively managing risks within the scope of assigned job responsibilities.
- Responsible for effectively identifying and managing risks for the unit.
Testing: Additional testing may be required. You will be contacted by Human Resources if necessary.
MINIMUM / PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, or a related field,
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Certification in field of expertise is required, i.e., Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM).
- Minimum experience listed above, and at least 5 years’ experience in Project Management. PMP certification preferred.
Go to www.psecu.com/careers for additional information and on-line application.