Vice President of Lending
About the Job
Sun East Federal Credit Union is headquartered in Aston, PA, with branch locations in PA and DE. Sun East has enjoyed steady growth and has over $480 Million in assets and serves the financial needs of more than 45,000 members.
Sun East is committed to its mission of exceeding the financial needs and service expectations of our members, staff and community. The basis of our philosophy is 'People Helping People.' As a Credit Union, we are a cooperative financial institution, owned and operated by its members.
We are currently seeking a Vice President of Lending to join our Senior Management Team.
The Vice President of Lending is responsible for the overall optimum efficiency, cost and positive operation of the Lending operations of the credit union and Collections. This position oversees the implementation of the Credit Union’s retail delivery strategy in Business, Consumer and Real Estate Lending Departments as well as promotes the delivery of the products and services to members.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overall delivery of all Business, Consumer and Real Estate lending products including loans, student loans, mortgages, and credit cards in a manner that is cost effective and consistent with the overall strategic plan and budget
- Review business, consumer and real estate loans for approval when necessary
- Council members as necessary on loans and loan related problems.
- Oversee a full range of duties for compliance, collections and credit analysis including adherence to policies and practices of the organization and applicable regulatory and governmental agencies
- Identify problem loans, make recommendations for assignment to non-accrual; report the status of problem loans to executive management and accounting
- Prepare monthly reporting and periodic studies of various portions of the loan portfolio including concentrations of credit for the Board of Directors
- Develop strategies to improve delinquency and non–performing assets to maximize recoveries and minimize loss
- Oversee the preparation and administration of the annual budget with regard to the projected income and expenditures for Lending and Collections
- Directly and indirectly monitor the lending portfolio to ensure staff operates in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and adhere to credit union policies and procedures as approved by the Board of Directors
- Periodically review and reevaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of established policies and procedures; communicate and interpret lending policies
- Evaluate and recommend policy changes based on portfolio performance, compliance or loan review results as it pertains to underwriting criteria, loan authority, structure requirements, pricing guidelines, collections and charge-off
- Responsible for management of all collection efforts, including bankruptcy management, OREO management, foreclosures and repossessions
- Responsible for working with examiners/auditors and coordinating the gathering of all credit and collection related examination data, document requests, and other information; respond to all credit and collection related questions
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, participate in creation and execution of credit union policies and procedures, business plans and goals.
- Support and practice continual improvement through the quality process
- Participate in planning sessions
- Budget development
- Creation and completion of goals and action steps
- Research and development of new products and services
- Represent the credit union at various community events and associations.
- Develop, apply and evaluate policies and procedures for the division.
- Responsible for compensation, performance reviews, training and development, productivity, and morale of staff.
Work is of a generally sedentary nature with limited need to lift or otherwise move objects (10 lbs or under). Must be able to sit for extended periods of time but also walk and stand for periods of time. Requires manual dexterity, the ability to perform repetitive motions and visual ability to work at a computer terminal, utilize keyboard, telephone and other standard office equipment. Must also be able to deliver and receive verbal communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related field and previous experience in consumer, business and real estate lending
- Comprehensive knowledge of all federal lending rules and regulations
- Five years of experience in a financial institution in consumer lending and collections at a senior management level
- Previous experience in loan pricing and asset/liability management
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Energetic, positive and upbeat personality to interact with all levels of people to achieve the teamwork and necessary results
- Proven ability to interface with, engage and inspire employees at all levels
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to deliver results
Sun East Federal Credit Union offers a comprehensive benefits package including, health, dental, vision, 401K, competitive salary and an employee interest rate reduction on loans.
Interested candidates should include salary requirements, along with their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “VP, Lending” in the subject line. To learn more about Sun East Federal Credit Union, please visit our website at www.suneast.org.
In order to be considered for employment with Sun East, you must be able to pass a credit and criminal background check.