Accel by GreenPath
Accel by GreenPath partners with credit unions to bring high-quality financial counseling, financial education and debt management to members. Through Accel, credit unions can offer:
- A free financial assessment that includes a customized budget and action plan
- Full-service debt management plans
- Housing counseling by HUD-approved experts on default and delinquency, pre-purchase, home-equity loans and reverse mortgages
- In-depth credit report reviews
- BudgetSmart software that helps members manage their money more effectively
- CheckRight, a self-study program on how to manage a checking account
- Financial education workshops and tools
Who is Greenpath Debt Solutions?
GreenPath is a nationwide, non-profit financial organization that assists consumers with credit card debt, housing questions and bankruptcy concerns. The company's customized services and solutions have been helping people achieve their financial goals since 1961. GreenPath has provided the Accel Members Financial Counseling program to credit unions since 2003.
GreenPath is headquartered in Farmington Hills, Mich. and operates more than 60 branch offices in 12 states. The company also delivers licensed services throughout the United States over the Internet and telephone. GreenPath is a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC). Its professional counselors are certified by the NFCC, and GreenPath is accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA).
Why Accel from GreenPath?
By offering GreenPath’s counseling and education services, your credit union can benefit from:
- Decreased loan losses, delinquencies and potential threats to your loan portfolio
- Fewer members falling victim to payday loan, debt settlement, credit repair or mortgage modification scams
- Increased sales of products and services to members who become lower credit risks after working with GreenPath
- Higher member loyalty by demonstrating a commitment to your members’ financial well-being
Why this provider over another?
GreenPath is a reputable organization with a long history of service excellence and a variety of programs designed to meet the needs of credit unions. Your members can receive immediate counseling over the phone or schedule an appointment at a branch location. With GreenPath’s national call center and network of branch offices, adding a financial counseling team to your credit union is within your reach and budget. In addition, when you partner with GreenPath, you will work with an experienced support team throughout the life of the partnership.
More Information about GreenPath Products and Solutions
Program Features for Your Credit Union
Partner Relations Support
When you partner with GreenPath, a designated partner relations specialist will work with key employees of the credit union to help ensure the program is successful. The specialist will work with you to start the program and will continue to assist you every step of the way.
Full Implementation Strategy
Your partner relations specialist will provide you with strategies and best practices to help you get the most out of your partnership with GreenPath.
GreenPath offers free marketing tools, including brochures, teller cards, a website link and newsletter articles. These tools can be used as is or can be modified to meet your specific requirements.
As a partner, you will receive valuable data to help you gauge the success of the program. Periodic reviews and usage reports include data on monthly call volume, financial topics discussed with members, outcomes and debt management plan statistics.
GreenPath offers workshop materials to help your credit union promote financial education and literacy to your members and community. Ten workshops are available, covering financial topics ranging from budgeting and credit reports to responding to a job layoff.
For more information or to get started, please contact your Association Representative at 800-932-0661, or e-mail CUSolutions@pcua.org.
- Business Development / Sales
VP, Business Development
800-932-0661 x 5330
Sr. Account Executive