Credit Card National Apollo Program
What is a the National Apollo Program?
The National Apollo Credit Card Program is designed to allow small and mid-sized credit unions to take advantage of an effective credit card program with minimal start-up costs.
By participating in this program, you can serve your members’ needs for a credit card as well as earn interest and fee income for your credit union. Today, your members can choose from among many different types of credit cards. Why not have them choose yours!
Advantages to Apollo
The Apollo program offers several advantages to credit unions:
- Determine the interest rate and retain all interest income, along with any annual, overlimit, late, cash advance, or NSF fee income
- Approval of all member credit card applications
- Determine each individual credit limit
- Receive daily settlements through your Corporate
- Credit union name and logo will be imprinted on your plastic
- Credit union name is printed on all your cardholder statements
- Ability to upgrade your program to a premium program (Platinum Program), giving your members more enhancements while providing direct competition with other institutions in the industry
- Ability to add enhancements to your program, such as the ScoreCard Program (cash back and bonus points for merchant and travel rewards), Package Enhancements (Travel Services, Health Care, and Discounts), LetterChecks (Automatic Convenience Check program), and Credit Life and Disability Insurance (optional for your members)
Credit Union Responsibilities
- Establish a policy for your credit card program
- Set the interest rate, as well as any annual, late, overlimit, cash advance, or NSF fee
- Market the credit card program
- Approve credit applications, individual credit limits, and collection activities
- Obtain the necessary bonding insurance for fraud losses (CUMIS)
- Prepare adverse action notices if credit is denied
- Issue a minimum of 50 cards
- Maintain a $500 non-interest-bearing settlement account for each of the 50 accounts
- Attend operational training classes
- Monitor Lost/Stolen card reports
ICUL Service Corporation Responsibilities
- Complete implementation of your credit card program
- Provide training for credit union personnel regarding internal operations and implementation of your program
- Input data to open and maintain cardholder information
- Account servicing
- Provide updated information on operational issues, as well as any new enhancements
- Provide toll-free assistance through your Member Service Representative to answer all credit union questions
- Provide $150,000 in free Travel Accident Insurance for your members
- Provide complete chargeback handling, 24-hour security/fraud handling, generic plastics, toll-free member service, weekly accounting reports, monthly member statements, and plastic issuance
- Provide application and marketing materials at low costs
- Online access for report delivery
The implementation process to start issuing credit cards is approximately 120 days from the date that ICUL receives all signed documentation.
Fees are required to implement the Apollo program.
Distribution of Income
ICUL Service Corporation retains all interchange income. The credit union retains all interest income and account fee income.
Your Association Representative will be happy to provide you with a detailed income estimate based on your current membership.
For more information or to get started, please contact your Association Representative at 800-932-0661, or e-mail CUSolutions@pcua.org.
- Business Development / Sales
Assistant Vice President,
800-932-0661 x 5330
Sr. Account Executive