Under direction of the Lending Director, plans, organizes, integrates, manages and evaluates the day-to-day activities of the Credit Union’s Lending Department and back-office operations staff. Analyze loan requests and make credit decisions based on established lending policies and procedures and ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage the day to day activities of the Lending Department and staff to ensure Riverset meets established goals and objectives and is in compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Coach, mentor and maintain a highly motivated well-trained staff.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems and internal member inquiries in a timely, professional and accurate manner. Refers issues beyond their authority to the Director of Lending, along with recommendations’
- Assists in the management of all lending documents for compliance including the Dodd-Frank disclosures.
- Supervises the administration of the HMDA process and procedures including the team reporting function.
- Spearheads and facilitates new projects for the lending department as requested.
- Approves or rejects loan application within their lending authority.
- Ensure all back-office and lending functions are completed timely and accurately and reporting is completed.
- Keeps informed of current trends in lending and market factors affecting lending.
- Assures cross-training on all daily, weekly, monthly and annual tasks. Monitor staff to ensure work is accomplished in a timely and accurate manner.
- Use personal expertise to assist other Branch personnel.
- Acts as the Chair Person for the Loan Committee.
- Promote the highest possible image for the Credit Union through a professional work environment and businesslike appearance. Maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness ensuring the organization incurs no business disruption personally or in the areas of responsibility.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience: Minimum of 3 to 5 years relevant supervisory job experience required.
Education: A related four year college degree is preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal conversations with others and the financial information discussed is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others.
Other Skills: Knowledge and familiarity of with lending legislation including Dodd Frank and CFPB is strongly desired. Must be an excellent manager of time and tasks and have good communication skills as well as presentation skills. Intermediate proficiency of computer skills is required including Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel.
Work Environment: Fast paced general office environment. Applicant will have to manage a number of projects at one time and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of members and co-workers. The position requires excellent organizational and time management skills to perform essential functions of this job. May be required to work evenings and weekends.
Salary commensurate with experience, benefits package. Bondable, background check required. EOE
Qualified applicants submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com
No phone calls please.